INFORMATICS EDUCATION OF MANAGERS IN TOURISM AS A BASIS FOR SUCCESSFUL INCLUSION IN THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Informatics is very important in contemporary life. This is especially true in the business world. Thus quality informatics education of all employees, especially of managers, is a must. Tertiary education should follow these requirements. In this paper we give an overview of several segments of this education that we consider important. Our experience is related to the education of managers in tourism, but the presented materials can easily be integrated into the general education of managers.
articleId=1208342, (25 February 2019).
2. European Commission: The International Computer and Information Literacy Study (ICILS) – Main findings and implications for education policies in. Brussels, (2014). http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/education_culture/
3. European Parliament and the Council of the European Union: Recommendation of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 on key competences for lifelong learning, (2006). http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX: 32006H0962&from=EN. (17.03.2017).
4. Eurostat - The Statistical Office of the European Union, (2019). https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/main/home. (05.02.2019).
5. European Commission - Digital tourism, (2019). https://ec.europa.eu/
6. Gartner (2014). Gartner Says 4.9 Billion Connected "Things" Will Be in Use in 2015, http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2905717, (11 March 2016).
7. Internet World Stats, https://www.internetworldstats.com/, (25 February 2019).
8. Kraguljac, V., Milašinović, D. (2016). Some practical aspects of business informatics education in hotel management and tourism, D. Cvijanović et al, eds: Tourism in function of development of the Republic of Serbia, University of Kragujevac, Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism in Vrnjačka Banja, 501-517, COBISS.SR.ID 223639308 ISBN 978-86-89949-11-7, http://hit-vb.kg.ac.rs/conference/images/thematic_
9. Kraguljac, V., Milašinović, D. (2017). Information and communication technologies in hotel management and tourism education, D. Cvijanović et al, eds: Tourism in function of development of the Republic of Serbia, University of Kragujevac, Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism in Vrnjačka Banja, 430-447, ISBN 978-86-89949-22-3, http://www.hit-vb.kg.ac.rs/conference/images/thematic_proceedings/2017_I.pdf
10. Kraguljac, V., Milašinović, D. (2017). Information and Communication Technologies education for future professionals in Hotel Management and Tourism Business, 10th International scientific conference, Science and Higher Education in Function of Sustainable Development – SED 2017, Business and Technical College of Applied Sciences, Užice, October 6-7, 2017.
11. Kraguljac, V., Seočanac, M., Milašinović, D. (2019). ICT education as a true preparation for working environment of hospitality and tourism managers, VII International Scientific-Practical Conference "Innovative aspects of the development service and tourism", Stavropol State Agrarian University, Stavropol, April, 10-12, 2019.
12. Kurt, S. S., Kurdoğlu, B. Ç. (2016). The Role and Importance of Tourism Information System in Urban Tourism Planning. In book: Global Issues and Trends in Tourism. St. Kliment Ohridski University Press (Eds: Avcikurt, C., Dinu, M. S., Hacioğlu, N., Efe, R., Soykan, A., Tetik, N.), 661-668.
13. Sari, A., Mahmutoglu, H. (2013). Potential issues and impacts of ICT applications through learning process in higher education. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 89, 585-592.
14. Shamonsky D. (2015). Internet of Things: Are Your User Experience Design Skills Up to Speed, http://www.ics.com/blog/internet-things-are-your-user-experience-design-skills-speed, (11.03.2016).
15. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2019). http://www.stat.gov.rs/. (05.02.2019).
16. Sukanta, S. (2012). The Role of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Higher Education for the 21st Century. The Science Probe, Vol. 1, No. 1, 30-41.
17. Vasović, N., Milašinović, D. (2014). Modern information and communication technologies in higher education, 7th International conference, Higher Education in Function of Sustainable Development, Užice, ISBN 978-86-83573-44-8.
18. Xiaoqiu Ma, J., Buhalis, D., Song, H. (2003). ICTs & Internet Adoption in China’s Tourism Industry. International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 23, No. 6, 451-467.