THE IMPACT OF SERVICE USERS’ SATISFACTION ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF HOTEL ENTERPRISES
The purpose of this study is to explore the relationship between hotel service users’ satisfaction and financial performance of hotel enterprises. There is an intention to determine empirically the direction or the course of researched relation of these two variables. The empirical research included 420 respondents from 15 hotels in Serbia as well as 8 hotels belonging to the European Union countries. The survey was conducted in 2017. The research results were obtained by using the Statistical Package for Social Sciences - SPSS 20. It was determined that the input for output creation emerges from interaction with of hotel service users which are seen as partners from the enterprise's standpoint. Therefore, the satisfaction represents an important guideline for financial performance of hotel enterprises as well as for multiplication factor of tourism development.
2. Andjelković, D., Vujić, M., Liberakos, A., Zubac, D. (2018), The impact of relationship marketing with customers on the financial performance of the sunflower oil manufacturers in Serbia, Economics of Agriculture, Belgrade [Online], 65.1 (2018): 93-109. Web. 26 Feb. 2019.
3. Andjelković, S., Ivkov, D. (2013), Business Performance Analysis of the Corporation, University "Union -Nikola Tesla” in Belgrade.
4. Ashton, A.S., Scott, N., Solnet, D. and Breakey, N. (2010), Hotel restaurant dining: the relationship between perceived value and intention to purchase, Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 206-218.
5. Bei, I., Chiao, Y. (2001), An integrated model for the effects of perceived product, perceived service quality, and perceived price fairnesson consumer stisfaction an loyality, Journal of Consumer Satisfaktion, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior,Vol. 14, pp. 125140.
6. Blackwell, R.D., Miniard, P.W. and Engel, J.F. (2001), Consumer Behavior, 9th ed., Harcourt College Publishers, ft Worth, Th, pp. 36.
7. Daniel C. Jr., Gateas R. (2006), Contemporary Marketing Research, West Publishing Enterprises, Minneapolis. Referenced by Milisavljević, М (2006), Strategic Marketing, Faculty of Economics in Belgrade.
8. Ekinci, Y., Dawes, P.L., and Massey, G.R. (2008), An extended model of the antecedents and consequences of consumer satisfaction for hospitality services, European Journal of Marketing, Vol.42 Nos ½, pp. 35-68.
9. Grigoroudis, E., Siskos, Y., (2010), Customer Satisfaction Evaluation: Methods for Measuring and Implementing Service Quality,Springer Science and Business Media, LLC, New York, pp.12-13.
10. Hanić, H. (1982), Market research - the basis of econometric demand analysis, Institute for Economics of Industry, Belgrade.
11. Javalgi, R., Martin, C.,Young, R. (2006), Marketing Research, Market Orientation and Customer Relationship Management: A Framework and Implications for Services Providers, Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 12-23. Referenced by, Sekulić, D. (2016), Quality in the function of ensuring satisfaction of users of hotel services, doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Economics, University of Kragujevac.
12. Kaplan, R.S, and Norton, D.P. (1996), Using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System, Harvard Business Review, Vol, No.1, str. 76.
13. Kotler, P. (2000), Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation, and Control, 6th ed., Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, Nj., pp. 34.
14. Lukić, R., Nikolić, D. (2009), Evaluation of the buyer's capital, magazine, Hotel-link, no. 13-14, p. 943, The College of Hotel Management, Belgrade.
15. Maričić, B. (2011), Consumer Behavior, CID, Faculty of Economics, Belgrade.
16. Maričić, B., Veljković, S., Djordjević, A. (2012), Measuring consumer satisfaction, Marketing, Year 43, no. 4, p. 235-244.
17. Marinković, Senić, Ivkov, Dimitrovski, Bjelić. (2013), The antecedents of satisfaction and revisit intentions for full-service restaurants, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, Vol. 32 No. 3, 2014, pp. 311-327.
18. Milićević, R. (2016), Resource attractions as a multiplicative factor for the development of health tourism in Serbia, doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Economics, University of Kragujevac.
19. Milisavljević, M. (2006), Strategic Marketing, CID, Faculty of Economics, Belgrade.
20. Namkung, Y., Jang, SC. (2008), Are highly satisfied restaurant customers really different? A quality perception perspective, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 142 – 155.
21. Oliver, R.L. (1980), A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 17, No, 4. pp. 460-469.
22. Petrović, P., Pavlović, Dj., Vujić, M. (2018), Models of development of Serbia and Republic of Srpska, Scientific Meeting: "Economy Today” - Freedom, Competition, Subsidies; Faculty of Economics, Pale, Republic of Srpska, BiH, ISBN 978-99976-610-3-6; CIP 330(082); COBISS.RS-ID 6088984, pp. 115-124.
23. Ryu, K., Lee, H-R., Kim, G.W. (2012), The impact of the quality of the physical environment, food, and service on restaurant image, customer perceived value, customer satisfaction, and behavioral intentions, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 200 – 223.
24. Sekulić, D. (2016), Quality in the function of ensuring satisfaction of users of hotel services, doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Economics, University of Kragujevac.
25. Sheth, J. N., Mittal, B., Newman, B. I. (1999),Customer Behavior - ConsumerBehavior and Beyond, The Dryden Press. Referenced by, Maričić, B. (2011), Consumer Behavior, CID, Faculty of Economics, Belgrade.
26. Sivadas, Е., Baker-Prewitt, L.J. (2000), An examination of the relationship between service quality, customer satisfaction, and store loyalty, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 73 – 82.
27. Tiebout, C. M. (1960). Community Income Multipliers: A Population Growth Model. Journal of Regional Science, 2(1): 75-84.
28. Vujić, M. (2018), Market research of the hotel service users as a faktor of tourism development in Serbia, doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Business and Financial Studies, University of Business Studies, Banja Luka.
29. Vujić, M., Andjelković, D., Liberakos, A. (2018), Quality of hotel service as a factor of tourist destination, 7th International congress hotelplan: Hospitalitiy as a quality faktor of tourist destination offer and competitiveness, High Hotel School of Vocational Studies Belgrade, November, pp. 20-29.
30. Wang, H., Hong, W (2006), "Managing customer profitability in a competitive market by continuous data mining", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol 35, Amsterdam, pp. 715-723.