STANDARDISATION OF WINERIES AS ONE OF PRECONDITIONS FOR THE GROWTH OF WINE TOURISM
Wine tourism is a new branch of tourism which is also a fast growing one. In Serbia it is not quite recognised as a priority although it can generate numerous benefits for the tourism, economy and society in general. One of the methods to emphasize and explore its potential is to introduce categorisation of wineries as providers of tourism services. This paper analyses experience of other countries in this process, namely the case of Hungary and Croatia. It gives the overview of the market of wine producers in Serbia; it further addresses efforts done so far in this field, and gives a recommendation for future activities in this field.
2. Boyd, S. W. (2008). Marketing challenges and opportunities for heritage tourism. Managing visitor attractions, 283-294.
3. Boyne, S., Hall, D., Williams, F. (2003). Policy, support and promotion for food-related tourism initiatives: A marketing approach to regional development. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, Vol. 14, No. 3-4, 131-154.
4. Bruwer, J. (2003). South African wine routes: some perspectives on the wine tourism industry's structural dimensions and wine tourism product. Tourism management, Vol. 24, No. 4, 423-435.
5. Bruwer, J., Lesschaeve, I. (2012). Wine tourists’ destination region brand image perception and antecedents: Conceptualization of a winescape framework. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, Vol. 29, No. 7, 611-628.
6. Cambourne, B., Macionis, N., Hall, C. M., Sharples, L. (2000). The future of wine tourism. Wine tourism around the world: Development, management and markets, 297-320.
7. Carlsen P. J. (2004). A review of global wine tourism research. Journal of wine research, Vo. 15, No. 1, 5-13.
8. Casadesus, M., Marimon, F., Alonso, M. (2010). The future of standardised quality management in tourism: evidence from the Spanish tourist sector. The Service Industries Journal, Vol. 30, No. 14, 2457-2474.
10. Cohen, E., Ben-Nun, L. (2009). The important dimensions of wine tourism experience from potential visitors’ perception. Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 9, No. 1, 20-31.
11. Cvijanovic, D., Mihailovic, B. (2016). Developmental aspects of the Rural Tourism in Serbia, The First International Scientific Conference „Tourism in Function of Development of the Republic of Serbia – Spa Tourism in serbia and Experiences of Other Countries“, Thematic Proceedings II, Vrnjačka Banja, Serbia, 1-16.
12. Cvijanović, D., Cvijanović, V., Simonović, Z. (2016). Tourism in terms of the development of Serbian rural areas. 3rd International Conference, Higher Education in Function of Sustainable Development of Tourism in Serbia and Western Balkans, Užice, Serbia, 13-24.
13. Demossier, M. (2011). Beyond terroir: territorial construction, hegemonic discourses, and French wine culture. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, Vol. 17, No. 4, 685-705.
14. Dodd, T., H. (1995). Opportunities and pitfalls of tourism in a developing wine industry. International Journal of wine marketing, Vol. 7, No. 1, 5-16.
15. Getz, D. (2000). Explore wine tourism: management, development & destinations. Cognizant Communication Corporation.
16. Getz, D., Brown, G. (2006). Critical success factors for wine tourism regions: a demand analysis, Tourism Management, Vol. 27, 146-158.
17. Gilbert, D., C. (1992). Touristic development of a viticultural region of Spain. International Journal of Wine Marketing, Vol. 4, No. 2, 25-32.
18. Grybovych, O., Lankford, J., Lankford, S. (2013). Motivations of wine travellers in rural Northeast Iowa. International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 25, No. 4, 285-309.
19. Hall, C., M. (2005). Rural wine and food tourism cluster and network development. Rural tourism and sustainable business, 149-164.
20. Hungarian Central Statistical Officereports.
21. Jakšić, D., Ivanišević, D., Đokić, V., Tepavac Brbaklić, M. (2015). Vinski Atlas. Republički Zavod za statistiku, Beograd
22. Mahony, G.. B. (2006). Understanding the impact of wine tourism on post-tour purchasing behaviour (Doctoral dissertation, CABI Publishing).
23. Manila, M. (2012). Wine tourism – a great tourism offer face to new challenges. Journal of Tourism, Vol. 13, 54-60.
24. Marzo-Navarro, M. Pedraja-Iglesias, M. (2009). Wine tourism development from the perspective of the potential tourist in Spain. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 21, No. 7, 816-835.
25. Ministry of agriculture, forestry and water management (2009). Law on wine. Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, no. 41/2009.
26. Ministry of economy and regional development (2009). Law on tourism, Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 36/2009.
27. Ministry of trade, tourism and telecommunications (2016). Strategy for the development of tourism of the Republic of Serbia for the period 2016 – 2025, Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 98/2016.
28. Razović, M. (2015). Vinski turizam kao posebni oblik turističke ponude Dalmacije, Zbornik radova Veleučilišta u Šibeniku, No. 3-4, 51-67.
29. Resonance Consultancy (2013). Resonance Report, U. S. Affluent Travel and Leisure, http://rss.hsyndicate.com/file/152005103.pdf.
30. Singh, N., Hsiung, Y. (2016). Exploring critical success factors for Napa’s wine tourism industry from a demand perspective. Anatolia, Vol. 27, No. 4, 433-443.
31. Škrbić, I., Jegdić, V., Milošević, S., Tomka, D. (2015). Development of Sremski Karlovci wine tourism and integration in the regional tourism offer, Ekonomika poljoprivrede, Vol. 62, No. 1, 229-244.
32. Turistička zajednica Istarske županije (2016). Istra Gourmet, Enogastro vodič kroz Istru, 20th edition.
33. Var, T., Kaplan, M., D., Yurt, O. (2006). Challenges and opportunities of developing wine tourism in a small community in Turkey. E-Review of Tourism Research, Vol. 4, No. 1, 9-18.
34. Villány- Siklós Wine Route (2006). Wine Route Common Chart, https://villanyiborvidek.hu/en/about-us/wine-route-association/certification
35. Vine, P., A., L. (1981). Hotel classification — art or science? International Journal of Tourism Management, Vol. 2, No. 1, 18-29.
36. Williams, P. (2001). Positioning wine tourism destinations: An image analysis. International Journal of Wine Marketing, Vol. 13, No. 3, 42-58.
37. Xie, Z., Hall, J. McCarthy, J.,P., Skitmore, M., Shen, L. (2016). Standardization efforts: The relationship between knowledge dimensions, search processes and innovation outcomes. Technovation, Vol. 48–49, 69–78.