DEVELОPMENT OF INNOVATIVE TOURISM PRODUCT IN RURAL AREAS: CHALLENGES AND SECURITY ISSUES
This paper is the result of research into the relationship between the current state in Serbian rural areas and the position of tourism, economy of agriculture, culture and safety. Over the last decade stakeholders have promoted a few development projects in rural areas. Hence, there is a need to understand how the existing risks can affect these innovative actions. Having in mind the regional inequalities, rural tourism may not be suitable for every location. The extent to which some adopted strategies in rural areas were realized remains the subject of much debate. Security issues are one of these subjects. In rural areas, tourist engaged in various types of tourism can be jeopardized: from eco, gastro, adventure to culture, and others. The results address the need that tourism product must be created in a way to attract and keep tourists safe. The conclusion is that rural communities that consider offering a safe innovative tourism product will have more opportunities for development.
2. Alsos, A., G., Dorthe, E., Madsen, E., L. (2014). Handbook of Research on Innovation in Tourism industries, Edvard Eldgar Publishing Limites, Gheltnham, UK
3. Anderson, R., J. (2001). Risk Management in Rural development, World Bank, Washington, DC.
3. CBI. Product Fact Sheet. EU Tourism to post conflict areas. www.cbi.eu
4. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) the World Fact Book – Serbia: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ri.html.
5. Čomić. Lj. (2002). Ruralni turizam u Srbiji mogućnosti i perspective. Turizam, Časopis Departmana za geografiju turizam i hotelijerstvo, Novi Sad, 119-120.
6. Cvijanović, D., Vojinović, Ž., Cvijanović, V. (2016). Analysis of the Serbian competitiveness in terms of attracting investments into agriculture and rural tourism. COMPETITIVENESS OF THE ECONOMY IN THE CONTEXT OF SOCIAL POLISY MEASURES, Varšava; Institute of Agricultural and Food Economics, 215-231.
7. Datzira development services, DDS. (2006). Tourism product development: a way to create value: The case of La Vall de La Lord. Barcellona, Spain.
8. Government Alberta. (2010). Rural Tourism an overview. Canada.
9. Hjalager, A., M. (2002). Repairing innovation defectiveness in tourism. Tourism Management, Vol. 23,465-474.
10. Kaspar, C. (1991) Tourismuslehre im Grundriss, Haupt. Bern. Stuttgart, Wien.
11. Kotler, P., Turner, R., E. (1989). Marketing management, Scrborough: Prentice-Hall
12. Kôvári, I., Zimányi, K. (2011). SAFETY AND SECURITY IN THE AGE OF GLOBAL TOURISM (The changing role and conception of Safety andSecurity in Tourism). Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce – Apstract. Agroinform Publishing House, Budapest, 59-61
13. Lane. (1994). What is rural Tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, No. 2, 7-21.
14. Law on Agriculture and Rural Development. Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No.41/09.
15. Milićević, S., Podovac, M., Čavlin, M. (2015). Resources for development of Rača Municipality as a rural tourism destination. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 62, No. 3, 751-765.
16. Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water management (MAFWM). Department for Rural development. Analyse of subvention in period 2006-2008. http://www.ruralinfoserbia.rs/dokumenta/ruralni%20turizam-analiza
%20budzetske%20podrske.pdf (20 April 2017).
17. National Strategy for Sustainable Development. Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 111/09.
18. OECD. (1994). Creating Rural Indicator for Shaping Territorial Policy, Paris.
19. Penev, S. (2015). Konkurentnost privrde Republike Srbije u kontekstu procesa EU integracija. U Strukturne promene u Srbiji – dosadašnji rezultati i perspective. Institut ekonomskih nauka, Beograd, 467-480. http://ebooks.ien.bg.ac.rs/31/1/sp_2015_01.pdf (20 April 2017).
19. President Executive Order 13575. White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/06/09/executive-order-13575-establishment-white-house-rural-council/, (20 April 2017).
20. Radović, V. (2017). Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility and Disaster Risk Reduction: a Serbian Overview, chapter 8 in book: CSR 2.0 and the New Era of Corporate Citizenship, Ed: Mark Anthony Camilleri, IGI Global, 147-164.
21. Radović V., Komatina Petrović, S. (2012). From failure to success: Serbian approach in mitigation of global climate change and extreme weather events. Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology, Vol. 4, No. 13, 2207-2214.
22. Radović, V. (2010). Koncept upravljanja rizikom od prirodnih katastrofa u turističkoj priverdi Srbije. Poslovna ekonomija, Fakultet za uslužni biznis, Sremska Kamenica, Vol. 6, No. 4, 65-74
23. Radović, V., Pejanović, R., Marinčić, D. (2015). Extreme weather and climatic events on agriculture as a risk of sustainable development. Economics of Agriculture, Vol 1, No. 62, 181-191.
24. Radović, V., Arabska, E. (2016). Security aspects as important factor for the future development in tourism industry in Serbia. TIMS acta, Faculty of Sport and Tourism, Novi Sad, Vol. 10, 71-80.
25. Radović, V., Arabska, E. (2015). Preventing contamination in disasters – from theory to the practice in Serbia. XXIII International Conference „ECOLOGICAL TRUTH“ Eco-Ist‘15, Serbia,. 653 660.
26. Radović, V., Ćurčić, Lj., Stepanov, J., Prokić, D. (2012): Increasing awareness about need of preparedness and response of agricultural household and enterprises in floods in Vojvodina. International Conference NewEnviro “New Approaches for Assessment and Improvement of Environmental Status in Balkan Region – Interactions between organisms and environment,” Univerzitet Educons, Sremska Kamenica, Serbia.
27. Radović, V., Domazet, S.. (2016). Konkurentnost privrede Republike Srbije u kontekstu pretnji od postojećih vanrednih situacija. Ecologica, No. 82, 211-216
28. Ranđelović, N., Stevanović, V., Azemović, N. (2012). Suva Planina as development area of rural tourism. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 2, No. 59, 334-343.
29. Ritchie, J., Goldner, C, R. (1994). Travel, tourism and hospitality research: A handbook for managers and researches, New York: John Willey & Sons
30. Rural development in the EU: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-05-215_en.htm/. Brussels (21 June 2005).
31. Schumpeter, J. (1997). Theorie der wirtschaflichen Entwicklung, Eine Unersuchung uber Unternehmergewi, Kapital Kredit, Zinsund Konjuktuzyklus, 9th ed. Duncker and Humbalt, Berlin
32. Serbian Government. (2014). Serbia Floods. 2014. Serbia Floods: http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/pdf/press_corner/floods/20140715-serbia-rna-report.pdf/,(20 April 2017).
33. Serbian Government. (2016). Strategy of tourism development in period 2016-2025
34. Tourism Excellency. (2014). Innovation through product development. http://www.tourismexcellence.com.au/fostering-innovation/innovation-through-product-development.html, (20 April 2017).
35. Vlada Republike Srbije. (2014). Drugi nacionalni izveštaj o socijalnom uključivanju i smanjenju siromaštva.
http://socijalnoukljucivanje.gov.rs/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Drugi-nacionalni-izvestaj-o-socijalnom-ukljucivanju-i-smanjenju-siromastva-final.pdf, (20 April 2017).
36. Vojinović, Ž., Cvijanović, D., Kalaš, B. (2016). Perspectives and financing of winter tourism in Serbia, Jahorina Business forum, Ekonomski fakultet Pale, Jahorina 215-225.
37. Vojinović, Ž., Sedlak, O., Stojić, D., (2016). Global Importance of Managing Catastrophic and Especially Terrorism Risks. Risk management in the financial services sector, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics.
38. Vojinović, Ž., Žarković, N., Arambašić, Č., B., (2015). Problemi i alternative osiguranja poljoprivredne proizvodnje u Srbiji. Anali Ekonomskog fakulteta u Subotici, Vol,. 51, 247-264.