PUSH AND PULL MOTIVATION OF YOUNG TOURIST FOR VISITING CITIES IN THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA
This study analyzes the motivation of young tourists for visiting cities in the Republic of Serbia. The applied method is a survey, which was conducted on a sample of 111 respondents. The primary goal of this study was to examine the push and pull factors of young tourists for visiting cities in the Republic of Serbia as well as their overall satisfaction. The results of empirical study showed that the main push factors of young tourists are: spending time with friends, having fun, rest and relaxation, new experiences and getting away from stress and daily routine. The main pull factors for visiting cities in the Republic of Serbia according to the answers of respondents are: cleanliness and orderliness of the city, good value for money of the services provided, cultural and historical heritage sites, rich gastronomy offer and additional facilities. In addition, the results indicate that there is not a statistically significant difference between young tourists of different socio-demographic characteristics about their push and pull factors as well as overall satisfaction with their visit to the cities in the Republic of Serbia.
2. Azman, I., Chan, J. (2010). Health and spa tourism business: Tourists’ profiles and motivational factors in health, wellness and tourism: healthy tourists, healthy business?. Proceedings of the Travel and Tourism Research Association Europe 2010, Budapest, 9-24.
3. Boukas, N. (2013). Youth Visitors' Satisfaction in Greek Cultural Heritage Destinations: The Case of Delphi. Tourism Planning & Development, Vol. 10, No. 3, 285-306.
4. Buhalis, D. (2000). Marketing the Competitive Destination of the Future. Tourism Management, Vol. 21, No. 1, 97-116.
5. Carvache-Franco, M., Carvache-Franco, O., Carvache-Franco, W., Villagómez Buele, C., Arteaga Peñafiel, M. (2018). The tourist demand from the perspective of the motivation, assessment and satisfaction in a sun and beach destination: The Manta Case, Ecuador. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites, Vol. 22, No. 2, 561-572.
6. Cohen, E. (1972). Towards a Sociology of International Tourism. Social Research, Vol. 39, No. 1, 164-182.
7. Crompton, J. L. (1979). Motivations of pleasure vacation. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 6, No. 4, 408-424.
8. Dann, G. M. (1977). Anomie, ego-enhancement and tourism. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 4, No. 4, 184-194.
9. Dann, G. M. (1981). Tourism Motivations: An appraisal. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 8, No. 2, 187-219.
10. Demeter, T., Bratucu, G. (2014). Typologies of youth tourism. Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov. Economic Sciences, Series V, Vol. 7, No. 1, 115.
11. Gheţe, A. M. (2015). The importance of youth tourism. Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series, Vol. 24, No. 2, 688-694.
12. Gnoth, J. (1997). Tourism motivation and expectation formation. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 21, No. 2, 283-304.
13. Han, H., Kim, W., Kiatkawsin, K. (2017). Emerging youth tourism: fostering young travelers’ conservation intentions. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, Vol. 34, No. 7, 905-918.
14. Horak, S., Weber, S. (2000). Youth tourism in Europe: Problems and prospects. Tourism Recreation Research, Vol. 25, No. 3, 37-44.
15. Iso-Ahola, S. E. (1982). Toward a Social Psychological Theory of Tourism Motivation. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 9, No. 2, 256-262.
16. Jovanović Tončev, M., Podovac, M. (2016). A survey on factors influencing tourists' decision to visit spa destination. The First International Scientific Conference "Tourism in Function of Development of the Republic of Serbia – Spa Tourism in Serbia and Experiences of Other Countries", Vrnjačka Banja, 1(1), 122-138.
17. Jovanović Tončev, M. J., Jovanović, D., Malićanin, M., Dimitrijević, B. (2016). Push and pull factors determining wine tourism development in the Tri Morave sub-region. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 63, No. 3, 781-800.
18. Khoshpakyants, A. V., Vidishcheva, E. V. (2010). Challenges of youth tourism. European researcher, Vol. 1, No. 1, 101-103.
19. Kim Lian Chan, J., Baum, T. (2007). Motivation factors of ecotourists in ecolodge accommodation: The push and pull factors. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 12, No. 4, 349-364.
20. Kim, K., Oh, I. K., Jogaratnam, G. (2007). College student travel: A revised model of push motives. Journal of Vacation Marketing, Vol. 13, No. 1, 73-85.
21. Kim, S. S., Lee, C. K., Klenosky, D. B. (2003). The influence of push and pull factors at Korean national parks. Tourism management, Vol. 24, No. 2, 169-180.
22. Marchiori, E., Cantoni, L. (2018). Applying the counseling-learning approach to a tourism-related massive open online course. Journal of Teaching in Travel & Tourism, Vol. 18, No. 1, 58-74.
23. Matzler, K., Siller, H. J. (2003). Linking travel motivations with perceptions of destinations: The case of youth travelers in Alpine summer and winter tourism. Tourism Review, Vol. 58, No. 4, 6-11.
24. Murray, E. J. (1964). Motivation and emotion, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs.
25. Plog, S. C. (1974). Why Destination Areas Rise and Fall in Popularity. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, Vol. 14, No. 4, 55-58.
26. Podovac, M., Đorđević, N., Milićević, S. (2019). Rural tourism in the function of life quality improvement of rural population on Goč mountain. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 66, No. 1, 205-220.
27. Prasad, S., Nair, G. K., Purohit, H. (2019). Tourist Satisfaction: an Analysis of Push and Pull Factors - A Case of Qatar Tourism. Journal of Management, Vol. 6, No. 2, 187-199.
28. Preko, A., Doe, F., Dadzie, S. A. (2019). The future of youth tourism in Ghana: motives, satisfaction and behavioural intentions. Journal of Tourism Futures, Vol. 5, No. 1, 5-21.
29. Pyo, S., Mihalik, J. B., Uysal, M. (1989). Attraction Attributes and Motivations: A Canonical Correlation Analysis. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 16, No. 2, 277-282.
30. Salimon, M. G., Kareem, O., Mokhtar, S. S. M., Yusoff, R. Z. B., Gorondutse, A. H. (2019). Tourism intention: The empirical investigaton of pull, push and perceived security factors in Nigeria. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites, Vol. 25, No. 2, 358-374.
31. Sari, N. P. R., Bendesa, K. G., Antara, M. (2019). The influence of quality of work life on employees’ performance with job satisfaction and work motivation as intervening variables in star-rated hotels in Ubud tourism area of Bali. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Vol. 7, No. 1, 74-83.
32. Shin, Y. H., Severt, K., Fjelstul, J. (2017). RV traveler’s pull factors to campgrounds in leisure tourism. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, Vol. 18, No. 4, 493-508.
33. Todorović, N., Apelić, J., Romić, G. (2015). Characteristics of foreign youth tourism in Belgrade. Bulletin of the Serbian geographical society, Vol. 95, No. 3, 1-16.
34. Todorović, N., Jovičić, D. (2016). Motivational factors of youth tourists visiting Belgrade. Journal of the Geographical Institute "Jovan Cvijic" - SASA, Vol. 66, No. 2, 273-289.
35. Uysal, M., Jurowski, C. (1994). Testing the push and pull Factors. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 21, No. 4, 844-846.
36. Yoon, Y., Uysal, M. (2005). An examination of the effects of motivation and satisfaction on destination loyalty: a structural model. Tourism Management, Vol. 26, No. 1, 45-56.
37. Yousaf, A., Amin, I., Santos, C., Antonio, J. (2018). Tourist's motivations to travel: A theoretical perspective on the existing literature. Tourism and hospitality management, Vol. 24, No. 1, 197-211.
38. Wangari, C. (2017). Understanding the travel motivation among youth travelers in Kenya: the ‘push’and ‘pull’paradigm. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1-16.
39. Weber, K., Ali‐Knight, J., Yolal, M., Woo, E., Cetinel, F., Uysal, M. (2012). Comparative research of motivations across different festival products. International Journal of Event and Festival Management, Vol. 3, No. 1, 66-80.
40. Wen, J., Meng, F., Ying, T., Qi, H., Lockyer, T. (2018). Drug tourism motivation of Chinese outbound tourists: Scale development and validation. Tourism Management, Vol. 64, 233-244.
41. Wong, M., Cheung, R., Wan, C. (2013). A Study on Traveler Expectation, Motivation and Attitude. Contemporary Management Research, Vol. 9, No. 2, 169-186.
42. Šimková, E., Holzner, J. (2014). Motivation of Tourism Participants. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 159, 660-664.