A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF EMPLOYMENT STABILITY IN TOURISM – EU, HUNGARY AND ROMANIA
The authors aim to measure the cross-country correlations in the area of stable employment in tourism. One item of interest for the analysis is the link, presumably non-existent, between stable jobs (people characterized by the average seniority of work in tourism). Upon testing the unit root for the data, we have resorted to differentiate them on the first order, a measure which indicates the acceleration, from one period to the next, of the indicator behind the data series. Our goal, thus, is to measure if labor force might shift from stable jobs in one analyzed country, to others. Then, multiple regression was applied on the data, including also two lags of the independent variables. The equations were commented from the viewpoint of their tests and characteristic, also we have used graphical representation to illustrate some points in the presentation.
2. Granger, C.W. (2003). Spurious Regressions in Econometrics, in Baltagi, B.H. (ed.). A Companion to Theoretical Econometrics, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
3. Hjalager, A-M. (2003). Global Tourism Careers: Opportunities and Dilemmas Facing Higher Education in Tourism. Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism Education, Vol. 2, No. 2, 26-38.
4. Lee, C.C., Chen, C.J. (2013). The Relationship between Employee Commitment and Job Attitude and Its Effect on Service Quality in the Tourism Industry. American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, No. 3, 196-208.
5. Manole, A., Anica-Popa, A. (2011). Global Economic Perspectives-New Ways To Increase The Competitiveness In The World Of Business. Managerial Challenges of the Contemporary Society, Proceedings, 97.
6. Păunică, M., Manole, A., Motofei, C., Tănase, G.L. (2018). The Globalization in the actual Context of the European Union Economy. Sciendo, Vol. 12, No. 1, 739-750.
7. Răducan, D. (2008). Strategia dezvoltării durabile a sectorului turistic în România - premisă prioritară în creşterea competitivităţii ofertei turistice pe piaţa mondială. International Conference "PERFORMANŢĂ, TENDINŢE ŞI RISCURI ÎN TURISMUL MONDIAL”, Romanian-American University, 07 – 08 November 2008, Bucharest, Romania.
8. Răducan, D. (2011). Studii privind posibilitatea dezvoltării agroturismului şi a turismului ecvestru în România. International Symposium "PERSPECTIVE ALE AGRICULTURII ŞI ZONELOR RURALE ÎN CONTEXTUL DEZVOLTĂRII DURABILE”, USAMV Bucharest, 02-03 June 2011, Bucharest, Romania.
9. Yule, G.U. (1926). Why do we sometimes get nonsense correlations between time series? Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, No. 89, 1– 64.