CONTEMPORARY TECHNOLOGIES IN SUSTAINABLE TOURISM MANAGEMENT
Contemporary technology is used as a key resource in which business organizations can provide increased revenues and increase competitiveness in the market in the long run. Technology in sustainable tourism management is particularly important because new technologies should find alternative solutions to the use of natural resources. The work will explore the impact of modern technologies in managing sustainable tourism. The application of modern information and communication technologies makes tourism products and services complementary, and the tourist offer is more attractive and competitive. This paper seeks to show how to manage sustainable tourism, through new technologies, and thereby positively affect the competitiveness of the tourist destination in order to make progress in the long run and benefit from its business.
2. Basiago, A. D. (1998). Economic, social, and environmental sustainability in development theory and urban planning practice. Environmentalist, Vol. 19, No. 2, 145-161.
3. Brundtland Report. (1987). United Nations World Commission on Environment and Development, Chapter 2. Towards Sustainable Development, retrieved from http://www.un-documents.net/our-common-future.pdf. (01.02.2019.)
4. Butler, R. W. (1999). Sustainable tourism: A state‐of‐the‐art review. Tourism geographies, Vol. 1, No. 11, 7-25.
5. Designboom (2015). Vivood's landscape hotel unobtrusively occupies a Spanish valley, retrieved from https://www.designboom.com/architecture/
6. Ecosalon. (2011). Places & Spaces: Morgan’s Rock Hacienda & Ecolodge, Nicaragua, retrieved from http://ecosalon.com/places-spaces-morgans-rock-hacienda-ecolodge-nicaragua/. (02.02.2019.)
7. Green Hotelier Newsletter (2009). Solar power, retrieved from: http://www.greenhotelier.org/our-themes/solar-power/ (27.02.2018.)
8. Greenbiz (2014). How a small town in Italy became a model of sustainability, retrieved from https://www.greenbiz.com/blog/2014/01/06/
9. Hall, R.P., Ashford, N.A. (2012). Primer on the Emergence and Evolution of Sustainable Development (1951 to 2012). Virginia Tech, VA. Retrieved from: https://ralphphall.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/
10. http://architypereview.com/project/h2hotel/ (31.01.2019.)
11. http://www.morgansrock.com/sustainability/ (02.02.2019.)
13. https://new.usgbc.org/press/about-leed (15.02.2019.)
14. https://chumbeisland.com/ (31.01.2019.)
16. Just Travelling. (2016). Virtual Tourism Is Set to Become Reality, retrieved from http://www.justraveling.com/alternative-travel/virtual-tourism-set-become-reality/ (01.02.2019.)
17. Kent, M. (2003). Ecotourism, environmental preservation and conflicts over natural resources, Horizontes Antropológicos, Vol. 9, No. 20, 185-203.
18. Kline, J.D. (2001). Tourism and Natural Resource Management: A General Overview of Research and Issues, Pacific Northwest Research Station. Portland, OR.
19. Lamialiguria. (2014). Varese Ligure, the valley of organic agriculture, retrieved from https://www.lamialiguria.it/en/component/content/article/
20. Leitman, S., Brant, B. (2008). Build Your Own Electric Vehicle, 2nd Edition. McGraw-Hill, Inc.
21. Liburd, J., Edwards, D. (2010). Understanding the Sustainable Development of Tourism, Goodfellow Publishers Ltd, Oxford.
22. Marinović Matović, I. (2017). Impact of refugee crisis on tourism development: Evidence from Republic of Serbia, Second international thematic monograph – Thematic Proceedings – Modern management tools and economy of tourism sector in present era, Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans in cooperation with the Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality, Ohrid, Macedonia, 628-644.
23. Mathieu, L. (2018). Roll-out of public EV charging infrastructure in the EU, Transport & Environment, retrieved from https://www.euractiv.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/09/Charging-Infrastructure-Report_September-2018_FINAL.pdf. (20.02.2019.)
24. Owusu, P.A., Asumadu-Sarkodie, S. (2016). A review of renewable energy sources, sustainability issues and climate change mitigation, Cogent Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 1, 1167990.
25. Penz, E., Hofmann, E., Hartl, B. (2017). Fostering Sustainable Travel Behavior: Role of Sustainability Labels and Goal-Directed Behavior Regarding Touristic Services, Sustainability, Vol. 9, No.6, 1056.
26. Reige, A.M., Perry, C. (2000). National marketing strategies in international travel and tourism, European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 34, No.11/12, 1290-1305.
27. Scutariu, A., Nastase, C., Popescu, M. (2017). Perspectives of Sustainable Development of Tourism in the North-East Region of Romania, Sustainability, Vol. 9, No. 1, 56.
28. Shine, T. (2016). Food for Thought: Sustainable Food and the Future of Tourism, retrieved from http://tasteoftourism.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/TaraShine-web.pdf. (20.02.2019.)
29. Simić, I., Marinović Matović, I. (2018). Digital transformation in the function of improving the competitiveness of the Republic of Serbia in the tourism sector, Thematic Proceedings Тourism in the Era of Digital Transformation, University of Kragujevac, Vrnjačka Banja, 374-389.
30. Styles, D., Schönberger, H., Martos, J.L.G. (2013). Best Environmental Management Practice in the Tourism Sector, European Commission, Joint Research Centre, retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/
31. The Cultureist. (2014): The Treehotel May be Sweden’s Most Sublime Eco-Accommodation Yet, retrieved from https://www.thecultureist.com/2014/01/10/treehotel-sweden-treehouse-getaways/ (21.02.2019.)
32. Tuppen, H. (2014): Reducing and Managing Food Waste in Hotels, retrieved from http://www.greenhotelier.org/know-how-guides/reducing-and-managing-food-waste-in-hotels/ (02.02.2019.)
33. UNDP (2015). Sustainable Development Goals, retrieved from https://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/brochure/SDGs_Booklet_Web_En.pdf (31.01.2019.)
34. WTO (2004): Indicators of Sustainable Development for Tourism Destinations A Guidebook, World Tourism Organization, Madrid. Retrieved from http://www.adriaticgreenet.org/icareforeurope/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Indicators-of-Sustainable-Development-for-Tourism-Destinations-A-Guide-Book-by-UNWTO.pdf, 244-245. (15.02.2019.)
35. www.vivood.com (31.01.2019.)
36. www.welcomebeyond.com/property/treehotel/ (19.02.2019.)