THE IMPORTANCE OF CLUSTER SUPPORT PROJECTS IN TOURISM FOR ACHIEVING COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
In modern business conditions, the creation and maintenance of economic competitive advantage is an imperative. The EU has identified clusters as effective instruments for creating sustainable competitive advantage and regional development policy and placed them at prominent position within its development strategies. Territory-based merging of economic entities has created a synergetic effect, which means that members achieve better results by taking advantage of common functions and joint actions rather than with individual ones. A cluster model is an ideal instrument for establishing this cooperation since it links different entities that do not lose their independence by joining but only exploit joint activities in the strategy of future development. The paper highlights the importance of creating clusters support projects in the field of tourism on the territory of Vojvodina through examples of specific clusters aiming at creating sustainable competitive advantage of the regional and national economy.
2. Catalogue – The Clusters of Serbia (2017). The Ministry of Economy and Finance of the RS. Belgrade: www.klasteri.merr.gov.rs (1 February 2019).
3. Cluster Development Strategy of APV (Strategija razvoja klastera APV) (2016). http://menadzment.org/ http://www.budzet.vojvodina.
gov.rs/wpcontent/uploads/2016/01/razvoj_klastera_strategija_apv.pdf (12 February 2019).
4. Đurašević S. (2008). The relationship between destination and cluster in the proceedings: Menadžment turističke destinacije, Singidunum University – Belgrade.
5. European Presidenncy Conference on Innovation and clusters (2008). Pro inno Europe, Stokholm, 22-23 of January, 2008.
6. Hajrović E., Milačić S., Ničić M. (2013). Project excellence model in Serbia, Metalurgia International, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp.118.
7. Horwath Consulting Zagreb and the Faculty of Economics Belgrade, (2005). The Strategy of Tourism of the Republic of Serbia – The Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Services of the RS, Belgrade.
8. Janković, S. (2013). Uticaj klastera na konkurentsku poziciju Srbije kao turističke destinacije – Master thesis, Univerzitet Singidunum, Beograd.
9. Karaev, A. (2011). The Fundamentals of Clustering, Belgrade /:http://www.zis.gov.rs/upload/documents/pdf_sr/pdf_seminari/Seminar_o_klasterima_SECEP_ICIP/osnovi_klasterizacije.pdf (03 February 2019).
10. Matijašević J., Lukavac J., Miletić Lj., Ničić M., Mitrović N. (2017). The Impact of the Consumption of Hazardous Chemicals on the Development of Agritourism in Serbia, Industrija, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 167-182.
11. Mitrović N. (2013). ERP Systems in Function of Optimal SCM, Fascicle of Management and Technological Engineering ISSUE #2, September 2013, Annals of the Oradea University, Romania, pp. 148 – 152.
12. Ničić M, Petrović E., Šuhović S., Hajrović E. (2013). Project modernization and reform of education system through the new methods of learning, TTEM journal Vol.8 No 1, pp. 260-265 http://pdf.ttem.ba/ttem_8_1_web.pdf
13. Porter, M. E. (1998). Clusters and the new economics of competition, Harvard Business Review, Vol 76, No. 6, pp.77-90.
14. Porter, M. E. (2011). Competitive advantage of nations: creating and sustaining superior performance, New York.
15. Porter, M. E., (2008). On Competition, Faculty for Economics, Finance and Administration, Belgrade.
16. Ritchie, B.R.J., Crouch, G. (2003). The Competitive Destination-A Sustainable Tourism Perspective, CABI Publishing, Wallingford.
17. The Centre for Competition and Cluster Development (2017). "The Strategy of Establishment and Development of Clusters in the AP Vojvodina”, Provincial Secretariat for Economy and Tourism, Novi Sad, pp. 77-78.
18. Tourism Marketing Strategy of Vojvodina (Marketing strategija turizma Vojvodine) (2015).
marketing-strategija-TURIZMA-vojvodine.pdf (19 February 2019).
20. The Tourism Development Strategy of the Republic of Serbia from 2016 to 2025, (Strategija razvoja turizma Republike Srbije od 2016 do 2025) www.rsjp.gov.rs/malodrvo/bazastrategija/6_konkurentnost/6.12_
strategija_razvoja_turizma_Republike_Srbije_od_2016_do_2025_godine.pdf (10 February 2019).
21. UNWTO (2006). Jačanje turističke konkurentnosti saradnjom - The strengthening of the tourist competition by cooperation, Turistički pregled, No. 5, 2006, pp.55.
22. OECD (2010). http://www.oecd.org/innovation/policyplatform/
48137710. (12 February 2019).