RURAL RESOURCE AS A TOURIST ATTRACTOR
The development of tourism in destinations depends on its primary products as the main factors that attract tourists. This paper analyzes the quality of primary services in rural tourism. The authors of the paper investigated the quality of the existing supply in rural households in South Bačka by determining the difference between arithmetic means between pairs of importance and satisfaction. In this way, they identified potential segments for development, and identified the shortcomings that prevent the rapid development of this, in many ways, important in Serbia. The obtained data show the current unenviable position of rural tourism in Serbia.
2. Bramwell, B., Lane, B. (1994). Rural tourism and sustainable rural development (Proceedings from the second international school of rural development), Channel View Books, London.
3. Burns, D. (1996). Attitude towards tourism development. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 23, No. 4, 935-938.
4. Choi, H., Ann, S., Lee, K. W., Park, D. B. (2018). Measuring service quality of rural accommodations. Sustainability, Vol. 10, No. 2, 1-15.
5. Cvijanović, D., Gajić T. (2018). Development of rural tourism in north Banat research of the perseption of the local population, Sustainable agriculture and rural development in terms of the republic of Serbia strategic goals realization within the Danube region: support programs for the improvement of agricultural and rural development, Belgrade, 198-215.
6. Cvijanović, D., Vojinović, Ž., Cvijanović, V. (2017). Analysis of the competitiveness of Serbia in terms of attracting investments in agriculture and rural development. In J. Goral & M. Wigier (Eds.), Risk in the food economy – theory and practice (pp. 77-88), Instytut Ekonomiki Rolnictwa i Gospodarki Żywnościowej - Państwowy Instytut Badawczy, Warsaw.
7. Demirović, D., Kosić, K., Surd, V., Zunić, L., Syromiatnikova, Y. (2017). Application of tourism destination competitiveness model on rural destinations. Journal of Geographical Institute " Jovan Cvijić" SASA, Vol. 67, No. 3, 279-295.
8. Devesa, M., Laguna, M., Palacios, A. (2010). The role of motivation in visitor satisfaction: Empirical evidence in rural tourism. Tourism Management, Vol. 31, No. 4, 547-552.
9. Đurić, K., Cvijanović, D., Prodanović, R., Čavlin, M., Kuzman, B., Lukač-Bulatović, M. (2019). Serbian Agriculture Policy: Economic Analysis Using the PSE Approach. Sustainability, Vol. 11, No. 2, 309.
10. Fleischer, A., Tchetchik, A. (2005). Does rural tourism benefit from agriculture. Tourism Management, Vol. 26, No. 4, 493–501.
11. Fu, X., Riddersataat, J., Jia, H. (2020). Are all tourism markets equal? Linkages between market-based tourism demand, quality of life, and economic development in Hong Kong. Tourism Management, Vol. 77, 104015.
12. Gajić, T., Penić, M., Vujko, A., Petrović, M.D. (2018a). Development Perspectives of Rural Tourism Policy – Comparative Study of Rural TourismCompetitiveness Based on Perceptions of Tourism Workers in Slovenia and Serbia. Eastern European Countryside, Vol. 24, No.1, 143-154.
13. Gajić, T., Vujko, A., Penić, M., Petrović, M., Mrkša, M. (2018b). Examination of Regional Disparity in the level of Tourist Offer in Rural Clusters of Serbia. Economic of Agriculture, Vol. 65, No. 3, 911-927.
14. Jaakkola, E., Helkkula, A., Aarikka-Stenroos, L. (2015). Service Experience co-creation: Conceptualization, implications, and future research directions. Journal of Service Management, Vol. 26, No. 2, 182-205.
15. Mirčetić, V., Vukotić S., Cvijanović, D. (2019). The concept of business clusters and its impact on tourism business improvement. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 66, No. 3, 851-868.
16. Pantić, N., Milojević, I. (2019). Investments and employment in tourism in the Republic of Serbia. Hotel and Tourism Management, Vol. 7, No. 1, 95 – 104.
17. Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L., (1988). SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing, Vol. 64, No. 1, 12–40.
18. Saleh, F., Ryan, C. (1991). Analysing Service Quality in the Hospitality Industry Using the SERVQUAL Model. Service Industries Journal, Vol. 11, No. 3, 324–345.
19. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2011), Statistical Yearbook оf the Republic of Serbia, 2011., http://publikacije.stat.gov.rs/G2011/
20. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2015), Statistical Yearbook оf the Republic of Serbia, 2015., https://pod2.stat.gov.rs/Objavljene
21. Tourism Development Strategy of the Republic of Serbia, (2016-2025), https://mtt.gov.rs/download/3/TOURISM%20DEVELOPMENT%20STRATEGY%20OF%20RS%202016-2025.pdf.
22. Wang, Y. S., Pfister, R. E. (2008). Residents' attitudes toward tourism and perceived personal benefits in a rural community. Journal of Travel Research, Vol. 47, No. 1, 84-93.
23. Yasuo, O. (2007). Multifunctionality and rural tourism: A perspective on farm diversification. Journal of International Farm Management, Vol. 4, No. 1, 18-40.
24. Zagreb County Gazette, (2005). Развој сеоског туризма у Загребачкој жупанији [Rural Tourism Development in Zagreb County], No. 9, 9.