AGRARIAN AND TOURIST POTENTIAL OF RURAL AREAS IN SERBIA
Generally, many factors influence, the life and economic status of a population, - but in terms of the impact on the economic status of the rural population in Serbia, the most important influencing factors that can be highlighted are: the tourist potential of rural areas, the number of family holdings in the village, the growth and development of small family businesses, demographic trends in the country, the level of development of infrastructure at the local level and so on. This paper presents the results of analysis which covered the most important determinants of the agrarian and tourist potential оf the rural sector. Exploration of this area is very important for a better understanding of the economic status of rural areas and rural population, but whether it could be better, too. Differences are noticed in the level of economic potential of rural areas and the status of the rural population from one region to another because agrarian and tourist resources are different, and the impact of many factors is not the same in every region.
2. Bessière, J. (1998). Lokal development and heritage: traditional food and Cuisine as tourist attractions in rural areas. Sociologica Ruralis, Vol. 38, No. 1, 21-34.
3. Bićanin, J. (2018). Possibilities of rural tourism development in the area of the municipality of Trstenik. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 65, No. 1, 355-372.
4. Cvijanović, D., Ružić, P. (2017). Ruralni turizam, Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism, Vrnjačka Banja.
5. Cvijanović, D., Subić, J., Paraušić, V. (2014). Agricultural holdings by economic size and production type in the Republic of Serbia, Census of Agriculture 2012, Agriculture in the Republic of Serbia, Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade.
6. Cvijanović, D., Vujko, A., Gajić, T. (2018). Traditional food as a condition for the development of rural tourism. Knowledge, Vol. 22, No. 1, 19-24.
7. Gnjatović, D., Leković, M. (2019). Contribution of tourist industry to reducing unemployment in the Republic of Serbia. TISC - Tourism International Scientific Conference, Vrnjačka Banja, 4(1), 80-96.
8. Internet Serbia Travel News, Village idyll, http://istnews.com/202-seoski-turizam-srbije/, (29 February 2020).
9. Ivanova, R., Delibatova, V. (2003). Agrotourism in village Momchilovtsi current situation and future development. Scientific Conference "Rural tourism and sustainable development of the Balkans”, Kragujevac, 205-209.
10. Jovović, D., Stojadinović Jovanović, S., Dašić, B. (2014). Agricultural trade and financing through FDI. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 59, No. 2, 455-468.
11. Koščak, M. (1998). Integral development of rural areas, tourism and village renovation. Tourism Management, Vol. 19, No. 1, 81-85.
12. Labović, B. (2015). Public-private partnership in function development of rural areas, Department of Economic Sciences, State University of Novi Pazar, Novi Pazar.
13. Miletić, R., Todorović M. (2003). Industry of Danube-Moravian development axle in the function of regional integration of the territory of Serbia. Regional-developmental issues of BiH and neighboring countries in the process of approaching the European Union, Proceedings, Tuzla, 139-148.
14. Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Republic of Serbia, (2016), Strategy for the Development of Tourism of the Republic of Serbia for the Period 2016-2025, https://mtt.gov.rs/download/3/
strategija.pdf, (28 February 2020).
15. Mitrović, M. (2015). Villages in Serbia - Changes in the structure and problems of sustainable development, Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade.
16. Petrović, G., Labović, B., Dašić, B. (2019). The influence of climate elements on the yield of agricultural crops in the area of Sumadija in Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 66, No. 1, 173-187.
17. Radević, B., Stojadinović Jovanović, S., Dašić, B. (2016). International business and financing, Grafikolor, Kraljevo.
18. Ristić, L., Vujičić, M., Leković, М. (2016). Tourism as a factor of sustainable development of rural areas belonging to Rudnička Morava. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 63, No. 2, 665–680.
19. Ružić, P., Amidžić D. (2019). Tourism as a generator of income and employment in the economy of Istria. TISC - Tourism International Scientific Conference, Vrnjačka Banja, 4(1), 64-79.
20. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2020), Tourist traffic, December 2019, https://publikacije.stat.gov.rs/G2020/Pdf/G20201020.pdf (28 February 2020).
21. Stojadinović Jovanović, S., Dašić, B. (2015). The Importance of Foreign Direct Investment for South East European Countries. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 62, No. 3, 661-675.
22. Ševarlić, M. (2015). Agricultural land - Census of Agriculture 2012, Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade.
23. Vujko, A., Petrović, D. M., Dragosavac, M., Ćurčić N., Gajić T. (2017). The linkage between traditional food and loyalty of tourists to the rural destinations. ТEME, Vol. 41, No. 2, 475-487.