VARIOUS SOURCES OF FINANCING THE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL TOURISM IN THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA
Despite the great potential and numerous comparative advantages, rural tourism in the Republic of Serbia is still underdeveloped. One of the main limitations of this development is the lack of appropriate financial resources at bothnational and local level. The aim of this paper is to explore development and current state of rural tourism and present different sources of its financing in the Republic of Serbia. The research concluded that current financial support is not adequate and that new and alternative modalities of financing rural development are crucial for further development of this sector. Based on the analysis authors identified and suggested other possible sources of financing and course for reaching sustainable growth in the industry.
2. Cross border and transnational cooperation in Serbia, https://europa.rs/
eu-assistance-to-serbia/eu-and-serbia-15-years-of-partnership/cross-border-and-transnational-cooperation-in-serbia/?lang=en/ , (22 February 2020).
3. Drabenstott, M., Meeker L. (1997). Financing Rural America: A conference Summary. Economic Review, Vol. 82, No. 2, 89-98.
4. Gnjatović, D., Jovancai, A., Stakić, N. (2013). Fiscal aspects of applying Maastricht convergence criteria in Serbia possibilities and limitations, Actual problem of Economics, Vol. 145, No. 7. 288-298.
5. Interreg IPA CBS Romania Serbia, http://www.romania-serbia.net/?
page_id=218 (1 March 2020).
6. IPA, Pomoć EU Republici Srbiji, https://europa.rs/eu-assistance-to-serbia/ipa/?lang=en/, (20 February 2020).
7. Kusen, E. (1995). Turizam na seljačkom gospodarstvu, Tourism, No. 7-8, 127-133.
8. Medojević, J., Milosavljević, S., Punisić, M. (2011). Paradigms of rural tourism in Serbia in the function of village revitalization. Human Geographies-Journal of Studies and Research in Human Geography, Vol.5, No. 2, 93-102.
9. Njegomir, V., Tepavac, R., Ivanišević, N. (2017). Financing entrepreneurial undertakings in agriculture. Economics of Agriculture, Vol.64, No.1, 295-306.
10. OECD (2017), Financing approaches for tourism SMEs and entrepreneurs. OECD Tourism Papers, No. 03, OECD Publishing, Paris.
11. Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia, (2019), No. 54/19 (27 July 2019).
12. Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia, (2019), No. 6/19. (31 January 2019).
13. Overview of EU pre-accession assistance for rural development (IPARD), https://ec.europa.eu/info/food-farming-fisheries/farming/international-cooperation/enlargement/pre-accession-assistance/overview_en, (27 February 2020).
14. Premović, J. (2016). Characteristics of human resources in Serbian rural tourism. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 63, No. 2, 633-647.
15. Radović, G., Kosić, K., Demirović, D. (2018). Financing as a key factor of the strategy of sustainable rural tourism development in the Republic of Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 65, No. 1, 413-426.
16. RRDS, Overall Objective, http://www.rrds-prrr.rs/en/overall-objective/, (1 February 2020).
17. Sharpley, R., Sharpley, J. (1997). Rural tourism-An introduction. International Thomson Business Press, London, UK.
18. Stakić, N., Fida, B., Singh, D. (2019). Nexus between financial development and economic growth in Oman. In N. R. Al-Mawali, A.M. Al Lawati, & S. Ananda (Eds.), Diversification of Oman Economy for Sustainable Development: Strategic Issues and Imperatives, (pp. 1-17), College of Banking and Financial Studies, Sultanate of Oman.
19. Stakić, N., Jovancai-Stakić, A., Kapor, P., (2016), The Efficiency of the Stock Market in Serbia. Journal of Policy Modeling, Vol. 38, No. 1, 156-165.
20. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2015), Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Serbia 2015, Belgrade.
21. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2016), Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Serbia 2016, Belgrade.
22. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2017), Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Serbia 2017, Belgrade.
23. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2018a), Census of the structure of agricultural holdings: What confirms, what denies, what indicates 2018, Belgrade.
24. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2018b), Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Serbia 2018, Belgrade.
25. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2019), Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Serbia 2019, Belgrade.
26. The Government of the Republic of Serbia, (2016), The Strategy for the Development of Tourism of the Republic of Serbia from 2016 to 2025, http://mtt.gov.rs/download/3/strategija.pdf, (21 January 2020).
27. The Official Gazette of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, (2018), No. 32/2018, (4 July 2018).
28. Tosović-Stevanović, A., Jovancai-Stakić, A. (2018). The importance of women’s entrepreneurship for economic development, Business Management, Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial tendencies. Silver and Smith Publishers, London, 131-145.
29. UNDP, Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications of the Republic of Serbia, (2011), Master Plan of Sustainable development of rural tourism, Belgrade.
30. Vukosav, S., Garača, V., Bradić, M. (2018). Analyses of regulations regarding accommodation facilities categorization in rural tourism in Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 65, No. 2, 769-786.