CLUSTERING IN AGRICULTURE AND TOURISM AS A POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL TOURISM
Global trends that enhance healthy lifestyles, turning back to nature, preservation of the environment, using renewable energy sources, biodiversity conservation, and more are making the area of rural tourism more attractive. There is sometimes a discrepancy between the possibilities and the level of development, as it is in Serbia. Despite many fulfilled conditions, all the benefits and potential that rural tourism holds, it is not sufficiently developed in Serbia. Clustering leads to improved competitiveness of member organizations because of the increased productivity and efficiency, implementation of innovations, development of new technologies, and introduction of the latest quality standards, as well as better access to the market. Additionally, clusters contribute to the economic development of individual regions, and they are of particular importance for increasing exports and internationalizing businesses. This paper aims to show that clustering in agriculture supports and encourages member organizations to achieve the potentials for the development of rural tourism. In the linking of tourism and agriculture in clustering there emerges the agritourism cluster, which brings many benefits and possibilities that are individually much harder to realize.
2. Agroplanet, (2018), www.agroplaneta.info, (28 January 2018).
3. Alexandrova, A., Vladimirov, Y. (2016). Tourism clusters in Russia: What are their key features? The case of Vologda region. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, Vol. 8, No. 3, 346-358.
4. Anderson, W. (2013). Leakages in the tourism systems: Case of Zanzibar. Tourism Review, Vol. 68, No. 1, 62–76.
5. Andersson, T., Serger-Schwaag, S., Sorvik, J., Wise Hansson, E. (2004). The Cluster Policies Whitebook, IKED, Malmö.
6. Aničić, J., Zakić, N., Vukotić, S., Subić, J. (2016). Clustering as an opportunity for internationalization of the SME sector in Serbia. Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies, Vol. 18, No. 5, 506-524.
7. Anić, I-D., Corrocher, N., Morrison, A., Aralica, Z. (2019). The development of competitiveness clusters in Croatia: a survey-based analysis. European Planning Studies, Vol. 27, No. 11, 2227-2247.
8. Bell, M., Giuliani, E. (2007). Catching up in the global wine industry: Innovation systems, cluster knowledge networks and firm-level capabilities in Italy and Chile. International Journal of Technology and Globalisation, Vol. 3, No. 2-3, 197–223.
9. Broccardo, L., Culasso, F., Truant, E. (2017). Unlocking Value Creation Using an Agritourism Business Model. Sustainability, Vol. 9, No. 9, 1618.
10. Calabrò, G., Vieri, S. (2016). The Food and Wine Tourism: A Resource for a New Local Development Model. Amfiteatru Economic, Vol. 18, No. 10, 989-998.
11. Cluster Development Strategy, draft version. (2008). Centre for Competitiveness and Cluster Development, Novi Sad.
12. Cvijanović, D., Mirčetić, V., Vukotić, S. (2018). Situational Leadership: Using Compatible Style Depending on Development Level of Followers. 8th International Symposium on Natural Resources Management ISNRM 2018, Zaječar, Serbia, 59-65.
13. Cvijanović, D., Mirčetić, V., Vukotić, S. (2019). Razvoj i definisanje brenda turističke destinacije. 9th International Symposium on Natural Resources Management ISNRM 2019, Zaječar, Serbia, 303-309.
14. Cvijanović, D., Vuković, P., Kljajić, N. (2011). Stanje i perspektive razvoja ruralnog turizma u Republici Srbiji. Međunarodni naučni skup Mediteranski dani Trebinje (VI), Turizam i ruralni razvoj - savremene tendencije, problemi i mogućnosti razvoja, Trebinje, 11-21.
15. Džanković-Jerebičanin, A. (2014). Clusters – Possible Initiators of Development of Serbian Agriculture. Ekonomski izazovi, Vol. 3, No. 5, 111-122.
16. Đurašević, S. (2009). Klasteri kao osnova regionalnog razvoja u turizmu. Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Vol. 5, No. 9, 101-109.
17. Fuglsang, L., Eide, D. (2013). The experience turn as ‘bandwagon’: Understanding network formation and innovation as practice. European Urban and Regional Studies, Vol. 20, No. 4, 417-434.
18. Gajić, T., Vujko, A., Petrović, M., Mrkša, M., Penić, M. (2018). Examination of regional disparity in the level of tourist offer in rural clusters of Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 65, No. 3, 911-927.
19. Government of the Republic of Serbia, (2016), Tourism Development Strategy of the Republic of Serbia for the Period from 2016 to 2025, https://mtt.gov.rs/download/3/TOURISM%20DEVELOPMENT%20STRATEGY%20OF%20RS%202016-2025.pdf, (24 February 2020).
20. Iordache, C., Ciochina, I., Asandei, M. (2010). Clusters - Tourism Activity Increase Competitiveness Support. Theoretical and Applied Economics, Vol. 17, No. 5, 99-112.
21. Kersan-Škabić, I. (2011). Effectiveness of Clusters in Croatian Economy. Ekonomska istraživanja, Vol. 24, No. 1, 227-239.
22. Kilelu, C., W., Klerkx, L., Leeuwis, C. (2017). Supporting smallholder commercialisation by enhancing integrated coordination in agrifood value chains: Experiences with dairy hubs in Kenya. Experimental Agriculture, Vol. 53, No. 2, 269–287.
23. Kiminami, L., Kiminami, A. (2009). Agricultural Clusters in China. International Association of Agricultural Economists Conference, Beijing, China, 51471.
24. Luvanga, N., Shitundu, J. (2003). The role of tourism in poverty alleviation in Tanzania. Mkuki Na Nyota Publishers Limited, Dar es salaam.
25. Malakauskaite, A., Navickas, V. (2010). The Role of Clusters in the Formation Process of Tourism Sector Competitiveness: conceptual Novelties. Economics & Management, 149-154.
26. Master plan for sustainable development of rural tourism in Serbia, (2011), UN Joint programme 'Sustainable tourism for rural development', Belgrade, https://futurehospitalityleaders.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/
master-plan-odrzivog-razvoja-ruralnog-turizma-u-srbiji.pdf, (11 Ferbuary 2020).
27. Mbaiwa, J.E. (2005). The socio-cultural impacts of tourism development in the Okavango Delta, Botswana. Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, Vol. 2, No. 3, 163–185.
28. Mirčetić, V. (2018). Authentic Leadership: Conceptualizing and Development. International Symposium SymOrg 2018 – Doing Business in the Digital Age: Challenges, Approaches and Solutions, Zlatibor, Serbia, 394-410.
29. Mirčetić, V., Vukotić, S., Cvijanović, D. (2019). The Concept of Business Clusters and its Impact on Tourism Business Improvement. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 66, No. 3, 851-868.
30. Morić, I. (2013). Clusters as a Factors of Rural Tourism Competitiveness: Montenegro Experiences. Business Systems Research, Vol. 4, No. 2, 94-107.
31. Mowfoth, M., Munt, I. (2016). Tourism and Sustainability - Development, globalisation and new tourism in the Third World, Forth ed., Routledge, New York.
32. Muhi, B. (2013). Ruralni turizam kao komponenta integralnog i održivog razvoja sela u Vojvodini. Zbornik Matice srpske za društvene nauke, No. 142, 129-137.
33. Năstase, L.A., Vasile, F.L. (2019). The Cooperation In Clusters, A Strategy For The Destination Management Organization. Romanian Economic Business Review, Vol. 14, No. 1, 15-26.
34. Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia. (2011). Conclusion on the adoption of sustainable rural tourism development programs in the Republic of Serbia, 85/2011.
35. Paraušić, V., Cvijanović, D., Mihailović, B. (2007). Klasteri u privredama Srbije i Hrvatske – dosadašnja iskustva i rezultati. Industrija, No. 2, 79-90.
36. Paraušić, V., Domazet, I. (2018). Cluster development and innovative potential in Serbian agriculture. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 65, No. 3, 1159-1170.
37. Petrović, M., Radović, G., Terzić, A. (2015). An Overview of Agritourism Development in Serbia and European Union Countries. International Journal of Sustainable Economies Management, Vol. 4, No. 2, 1-14.
38. Ping, L.I.U., Koziol, W. (2011). The Experience of International Agricultural Clusters and Enlightens for China, https://www.researchgate.net/
publication/267268736_The_Experience_of_International_Agricultural_Clusters_and_Enlightens_for_China_The_Experience_of_International_Agricultural_Clusters_and_Enlightens_for_China, (23 February 2020).
39. Poljosfera, (2014), www.poljosfera.rs/agrosfera/vesti/osnovano-udruzenje-evropski-klaster-alpe-adria-pannonia, (21 January 2018).
40. Porter, M. (2000). Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy. Economic Development Quarterly, Vol. 14, No.1, 15-34.
41. Porter, M. (2003). The Economic Performance of Regions. Regional Studies, Vol. 37, No. 6/7, 549-578.
42. Rantanen, M., Granberg, L. (2008). Innovations systems and processes in the field of new rural services: A cross-national analysis of differences in Finland, Germany, Latvia and the Netherlands (WP5 Synthesis Report), Ruralia Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland.
43. Ružić, P. (2012). Analiza posebnosti i percepcije ruralnog turizma Istre. Ekonomska misao i praksa, No. 1, 217-238.
44. Staber, U., Sautter, B. (2011). Who are we, and do we need to change? Cluster identity and life cycle. Regional Studies, Vol. 45, No. 10, 1349 – 1361.
45. Sznajder, M., Przezbórska, L. (2004). Identification of Rural and Agri-toursim Products and Services. Roczniki Akademii w Poznaniu, Vol. 259, No. 3, 165-177.
46. Tinsley, R., Lynch, P.A. (2001). Small Tourism Business Networks and Destination Development. Innovation Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol. 20, No. 4, 367-378.
47. Torlak, N. (2015). Мedia as a promoter of tourism in Serbia. Hotel and Tourism Management, Vol. 3, No. 1, 54-59.
48. Van Sandt, A., Low, A.S., Thilmany, D. (2018). Exploring Regional Patterns of Agritourism in the U.S.: What's Driving Clusters of Enterprises? Agriculture and Resources Economics Review, Vol. 47, No. 3, 592-609.
49. Vukotić, S., Vojnović, B. (2016). The Role and Importance of Strategic Plans in the Development of Tourism. TISC - Tourism International Scientific Conference, Vrnjačka Banja, 1(2), 118-134.
50. Walker, L. (2017). Tourism and Hospitality Management, Library Press, New York.
51. Woods, M., McDonagh, J. (2011). Rural Europe and the world: Globalization and rural development. European Countryside, Vol. 3, No. 3, 153 – 163.
52. Zakić, N., Vukotić, S. (2019). Innovation in Contemporary Tourism – Challenges and Possibilities. TISC - Tourism International Scientific Conference, Vrnjačka Banja, 4(1), 432-449.
53. Živković, B. (2013). Ruralni turizam – alternativni pravac razvoja ruralnih regija Srbije. In Leković, V. (Ed.) Institucionalne promene kao determinanta privrednog razvoja Srbije, (pp. 487-496), Univerzitet u Kragujevcu, Ekonomski fakultet.