ORGANIC FOOD: CHARACTERISTICS, REGULATIONS AND TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IMPACT
The European Union is committed to setting the highest standards in the field of food safety, so it brings new and complements existing food quality and safety regulations. One of the forms of production of safe products is primary organic production. The law on organic production defines the methods of organic production, control, certification, processing, etc. Organic food is a product that in its basic biochemical characteristics matches the type and varieties. The organic production of lettuce and other vegetables increases the content of vitamin C. In the human diet, products derived from primary crop farming are largely consumed. A significant increase in protein content was found in the grains of these plant species and their product (flour) from organic production. Undeveloped countries, such as the Republic of Serbia, do not have the capacities to process primary agricultural products into highly processed products, for which there is a strong demand on the international market, apart from the possibility of placing products through tourist facilities.
2. Bhuiyan, M.A., Parvez, L., Islam, M.A., Dampare, S.B., Suzuki, S. (2010). Heavy metal pollution of coal mine-affected agricultural soils in the northern part of Bangladesh. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 173, No. 1-3, 384-392.
3. Commission of the European Communities. (1999). White Paper on Food Safety, Commission of the European Communities, Brussels.
4. Cvijanović, D., Cvijanović, G., Puškarić, A. (2011). Marketing and Ecological Agriculture, , Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade.
5. Cvijanović, D., Cvijanović, G., Subić, J. (2008). Ecological, Economic and Marketing Aspects of the Application of Biofertilisers in the Production of Organic Food. In Е. Burcu (Ed.), Еnvironmental Тechnologies – New developments (pp. 25-41), I-Tech Education and Publishing KG, Vienna.
6. Cvijanović, G., Dozet, G. (2018). Possibility of suistanable production of soybean in climate change in the region of Bačka Topola and Novi Sad. International Scientific Conference: Sustainable agriculture and rural development in terms of the Republic of Serbia strategic goals realization within the Danube region, Belgrade, 230-247.
7. Cvijanović, G., Dozet, G., Cvijanović, D. (2013). Management in organic plant production, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade.
8. Cvijanović, G., Milošević, N., Đalović, I., Cvijović, M., Paunović, A. (2008). Nitrogenization and N fertilization effects on protein contents in wheat grain. Cereal Research Communications, Vol. 36, 251-254.
9. Cvijanović, G., Savić, S. (2016). Ecosystem protection and bioremediation, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade.
10. Cvijanović, M., Dozet, G., Cvijanović, G., Đukić, V., Vasić, M., Popović, V., Jakšić, S. (2016). Yield of Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) in ecological production according to environment conservation. VI Balkan Symposium on Vegetables and Potatoes, Zagreb, 1142, 25-30.
11. Directorate for National Reference Laboratories of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management RS, (2020), http://www.dnrl.minpolj.gov.rs/o_nama/organska/organska_proizvodnja_u_srbiji.html, (20 March 2020).
12. Dumitrascu, A.E., Lepadatescu, B. (2016). Processes risks evaluation in accordance with HACCP standards. Journal of EcoAgriTourism, Vol. 12, No. 2, 29-33.
13. Đukić, V., Miladinov, Z., Dozet, G., Tatić, M., Cvijanović, G., Cvijanović, M., Marinković, J. (2018). Uticaj zaoravanja žetvenih ostataka na povećanje prinosa soje. Savetovanje o biotehnologiji sa međunarodnim učešćem, Čačak, 39-44.
14. Elmalimadi, M.B., Stefanović, A.B., Šekuljica, N.T., Žuža, M.G., Luković, N.D., Jovanović, J.R., Knežević Jugović, Z.D. (2017). The synergistic effect of heat treatment on alcalase-assisted hydrolysis of wheat gluten proteins: Functional and antioxidant properties. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, Vol. 41, No. 5, 1-9.
15. FiBL & IFOAM, (2019), Organics International The World organic Agricukture Statics of Emerging Trends 2019 edited Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FiBL & IFOAM, https://shop.fibl.org/chen/
mwdownloads/download/link/id/1202/, (20 March 2020).
16. Filipović, V., Cvijanović, G., Ugrenović, V., Aćimović, M., Popović, V., Radanović, D., Stanković, S. (2016). Use of Effective Micro-Organisms to Enhance the Productivity and Quality of Dry Biomass of the Basil Cultivar "Sitnolisni Aromatični”. 7th International Scientific Agriculture Symposium "Agrosym 2016”, Jahorina, 1085 – 1091.
17. Garner, B., Ayala, C. (2019). Regional tourism at the farmers’ market: consumers’ preferences for local food products. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 13, No. 1, 37-54.
18. Hjalager, A.M., Johansen, P.H. (2013). Food tourism in protected areas–sustainability for producers, the environment and tourism?. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Vol. 21, No. 3, 417-433.
19. ISO-International Organization for Standardization, ISO 9000:2015 Quality management systems-Fundamentals and vocabulary, https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:9000:ed-4:v1:en, (15 February 2020).
20. Јovanović, J.R., Stefanović, A.B., Žuža, M.G., Jakovetić, S.M., Šekuljica, N.Z., Bugarski, B.M., Knežević-Jugović. Z.D. (2016). Improvement of antioxidant properties of egg white protein enzymatic hydrolysates by membrane ultrafiltration. Hemijska industrija, Vol. 70, No. 4, 419-428.
21. Jovanović, Lj., Pavlović, M., Panković, D., Penezić, N., Radović, V., Pucarević, M., Dugalić, G., Bokan, N., Petrović, M. (2014). Proizvodnja i menadžment u organskoj poljoprivredi, Univerzitet Educons, Sremska Kamenica.
22. Kanianska, R. (2016). Agriculture and Its Impact on Land‐Use, Environment and Ecosystem Services. In A. Almusaed (Ed.), Landscape Ecology The Influences of Land Use and Anthropogenic Impacts of Landscape Creation, IntechOpen, London.
23. Knežević-Jugović, Z.D, Stefanović, A.B, Žuža, M.G, Milovanović, S.L, Jakovetić, S.M, Manojlović, V.B, Bugarski, B.M. (2012). Effects of sonication and high-pressure carbon dioxide processing on enzymatic hydrolysis of egg white proteins. Acta Periodica Technologica, Vol. 43, 33-41.
24. Law on organic production in the Republic of Serbia, Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 30/10.
25. Lee, I., Arcodia, C. (2011). The role of regional food festivals for destination branding. International Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 13 No. 4, 355-367.
26. Peran i Sala, R.M., Cedeno, d.B.V, Etoundi, J.M., Odame-Darkwah, J., Oppong-Otoo, J., Tossougbo Hinson, D.C., Wouafo, M. (2015). Establishment of good hygiene practice-based microbiological criteria in food industries: Guidelines using an example for meat preparations. Food Control, Vol. 58, 7-11.
27. Razvojna agencija Srbije [Development Agency of Serbia], Organic sertification (BIO), http://ras.gov.rs/export-promotion/certifications/
organic-certification-bio, (15 February 2020).
28. Roljević Nikolić, S., Kovačević, D., Cvijanović, G., Dolijanović, Ž., Marinković, J. (2018). Grain yield and rhizosphere microflora of alternative types of wheat in organic production. Romanian Biotechnological Letters, Vol. 23, No. 1, 13301-13309.
29. Rubenstein, D.C. (2018). Getting to good: Good manufacturing practice in FDA-regulated facilities. ISE: Industrial and Systems Engineering at Work, Vol. 50, No. 1, 32-36.
30. Rulebook on control and certification in organic production and methods of organic production, Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, No. 48/11 and 40/12.
31. Sahota, A. (2015). The global market for organic food & drink. In H. Willer & J. Lernoud (Eds.), The World of organic agriculture. Statistics and emerging trends 2015 (pp. 120-123), Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Frick, and IFOAM – Organics International, Bonn.
32. Savović, I., Ćurčić, S. (2008). Specifičnosti primene HACCP sistema u ugostiteljstvu. Festival kvaliteta 2008, 35. Nacionalna konferencija o kvalitetu, Kragujevac, 1-4.
33. Savović, I., Kokić Arsić, A., Kanjevac Milovanović, K., Đorević, A. (2012). Kvalitet i bezbednost hrane iz ugla korisnika [Quality and food safety from the perspective of users]. Festival kvaliteta 2012, 7. Nacionalna konferencija o kvalitetu života, Kragujevac, B105-B112.
34. Silkes, C.A. (2012). Farmers' markets: a case for culinary tourism. Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, Vol. 10, No. 4, 326-336.
35. Springer, R. (2003). Hygiene for Management (tenth edition), Highfield, Doncaster.
36. Sredojević, Z., Oljača, S., Kresović, B. (2017). Organic agricultural production - basics of business planning and analysis, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade.
37. Todorović, J., Vasić, M., Todorović, V. (2008). Pasulj i boranija, Institut za ratarstvo i povrtarstvo, Novi Sad; Poljoprivredni fakultet, Banja Luka.
38. Tošić, I., Golić, Z., Radosavac, A. (2016). Effects of zheapllication of biofertilizterson the microflora and yieldof lettuce (Lactucxa sativa L.). Acta Agriculturae Serbica, Vol. 21, No. 42, 91-98.
39. Wareing, P. (2010). HACCP: A toolkit for Implementation, Leatherhead International Limited, Leatherhead.
40. World Health Organization, (2013), Strategic Plan for Food Safety Including Foodborne Zoonoses 2013–2022, https://apps.who.int/iris/
bitstream/handle/10665/101542/9789241506281_eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y, (05 March 2020).