IMPACT OF EMPLOYER BRAND ON EMPLOYEES’ SATISFACTION IN SERBIAN HOTEL ENTERPRISES
An increasing deficit of talents on the labor market can cause a "war for talent" among companies. It is therefore necessary that management develop appropriate strategies that will ensure differentiation of companies from their competitors at this market. One of the way is strategy of employer branding. Employer brand is the image of an attractive employer in the labor market created with aim to attract and retain a talents in the company as a result of the high level of employee satisfaction. The main goal of the article is to determine the impact of different dimensions of the employer brand and category of hotel on the level of employee satisfaction in the hotel industry. The paper uses the data obtained by the original research of the defined variables on the sample of the hotels belonging to the category with at least three stars. For hypothesis testing, correlation analysis and regression analysis are used. The obtained results showed that the different dimensions of the employer's brand have a statistically significant impact on the satisfaction of employees, and the impact of the category of the hotel has not been confirmed.
2. Alniacik, E., Alniacik, U. (2012). Identifying dimensions of attractiveness in employer branding: effects of age, gender, and current employment status. 8th International Strategic Management Conference. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 58, 1336 -1343.
3. Alniacik, E., Alniacik, U., Erat, S., Akcin, K. (2014). Attracting Talented Employees to the Company: Do We Need Different Employer Branding Strategies in Different Cultures? 10th International Strategic Management Conference. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 150, 336 - 344.
4 Ambler, T., Barrow S. (1996). The employer brand. The Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 4, No. 3, 185-206.
5. Amin, M., Aldakhil, A. M., Wu, C., Rezaei, S., Cobanoglu, C. (2017). The structural relationship between TQM, employee satisfaction and hotel performance. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 29, No. 4, 1256-1278.
6. Backhaus K., Tikoo, S. (2004). Conceptualizing and researching employer branding. Career Development International, Vol. 9, No 5, 501 – 517.
7. Barakat, S., Isabella, G., Boaventura, J. M. G., Mazzon, J. A. (2016). The influence of corporate social responsibility on employee satisfaction. Management Decision, Vol. 54, No. 9, 2325-2339.
8. Berthon, P., Ewing, M., Hah, L. L. (2005). Captivating company: Dimensions of attractiveness in employer branding. International Journal of Advertising, Vol. 24, No. 2, 151-172.
9. Cheung, C., Kong, H., Song, H. (2014). How to influence hospitality employee perceptions on hotel brand performance? International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 26, No 8, 1162-1178.
10. Davies, G. (2008). Employer branding and its influence on managers. European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 42, No. 5/6, 667 - 681.
11. Gallardo, E., Sánchez‐Cañizares, S., López‐Guzmán, T., Jesus, M. M. N. (2010). Employee satisfaction in the Iberian hotel industry: The case of Andalusia (Spain) and the Algarve (Portugal). International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 22, No. 3, 321-334.
12. Government of Republic of Serbia. Classification of Activities (2010). Available at: http://www.apr.gov.rs/Portals/0/zakoni%20uredbe%20
13. Gu, Z., Siu, R. C. S. (2009). Drivers of job satisfaction as related to work performance in Macao casino hotels: An investigation based on employee survey. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 21, No. 5, 561-578.
14. Kara, D., Uysal, M., Magnini, V. (2012). Gender differences on job satisfaction of the five‐star hotel employees: The case of the Turkish hotel industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 24, No. 7, 1047-1065.
15. Lee, J., Back, K., Chan, E. (2015). Quality of work life and job satisfaction among frontline hotel employees: A self-determination and need satisfaction theory approach. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 27, No. 5, 768-789.
16. Nunnally, J.C. (1978). Psychometric Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.
17. Оgnjanović, J. (2017). Relations of Intellectual Capital Components in Hotel Companies. Industrija, Vol. 45, No. 2, 181-196.
18. Pelit, E., Öztürk, Y., Arslantürk, Y. (2011). The effects of employee empowerment on employee job satisfaction: A study on hotels in Turkey. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 23, No. 6, 784-802.
19. Priyadarshi, P. (2011). Employer Brand Image as Predictor of Employee Satisfaction, Affective Commitment & Turnover. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 46, No. 3, 510-522.
20. Reis, G.G., Braga, B.M. (2016). Employer attractiveness from a generational perspective: Implications for employer branding. Revista de Administracao, Vol. 51, No. 1, 103-116.
21. Roy, S. K. (2008). Identifying the dimensions of attractiveness of an employer brand in the Indian context. South Asian Journal of Management, Vol. 15, No. 4, 110-130.
22. Schlager, T., Bodderas, M., Maas, P., Cachelin, J.L. (2011). The influence of the employer brand on employee attitudes relevant for service branding: an empirical investigation. Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 25, No. 7, 497 - 508.
23. Sharma, P., Kong, T. T.C., Kingshott, R. P.J. (2016). Internal service quality as a driver of employee satisfaction, commitment and performance: Exploring the focal role of employee well-being. Journal of Service Management, Vol. 27, No. 5, 773-797.
24. Sivertzen, A., Nilsen, E., Olafsen, A. (2013). Employer branding: Employer attractiveness and the use of social media. Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol. 22, No. 7, 473-483.
25. Slavković, M., Ognjanović, J. (2018). Impact of human capital on business performance of hotel entreprises in Serbia. TEME, Vol. 42, No. 4, 1339-1355.
26. Slavković, M., Babić, V., Stojanović-Aleksić, V. (2015). Talent management: opportunities and limitations for Serbian organizations. TEME, Vol. 39, No. 2, 361-379.
27. Slavković, M., Ognjanović, J. (2017). Тhe influence of human capital on the competitiveness of hotels in Serbia. In: Modern management tools and economy of tourism sector in present era: Second international thematic monograph, Beograd, 115-128.
28. Sokro, E. (2012). Impact of Employer Branding on Employee Attraction and Retention. European Journal of Business and Management, Vol 4, No. 18, 164-173.
29. Tansel, A., Gazîoğlu, Ş. (2014). Management-employee relations, firm size and job satisfaction. International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 35, No. 8, 1260-1275.
30. Tanwar, K., Prasad, A. (2016). The effect of employer brand dimensions on job satisfaction: gender as a moderator. Management Decision, Vol. 54, No. 4. 854 - 886.
31. Wong, S. C., Li, J. S. (2015). Will hotel employees’ perception of unethical managerial behavior affect their job satisfaction?: A study of Chinese hotel employees in China. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 27, No. 5, 853-877.