THE IMPORTANCE OF THE AGRICULTURAL FAIR IN NOVI SAD FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL TOURISM
The aim of this paper is to emphasize the importance of fairs for agricultural development and rural development with special reference to the promotion of rural tourism. It wants to point out the importance of agricultural fairs for the development of agriculture and tourism in the Republic of Serbia. The paper starts from a theoretical conceptual model of the importance of trade and communication fairs. The emphasis is on the participants of the fair in defining the concept of rural tourism development. The surveys conducted are based on the application of specific cognition and marketing research methods through a questionnaire. Special methods are analysis and logical deduction. The conclusion is that informing the participants of the fair can make a communication effort and emphasize the importance of tourism and rural tourism. Adhering to the research recommendations will allow increasing the role, importance and effects of the agricultural fair as a strategic instrument, will facilitate the elimination of doubts and overcome obstacles related to the economic importance of rural tourism. That will lead to the acceptance of the model of promotion of rural tourism by the fair, exhibitors and visitors to the fair.
2. Cvijanović, D., Matijašević, O. J. (2017). The impact of air quality conditioned by emission of poluttants to the development of rural tourism and potentials of rural areas. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 64, No. 3, 871-885.
3. Freitag, R., Pyka, D. (2011). Status Quo and Forecasting World and European Tourism. In R. Conrady, M. Buck (Eds.), Trends and Issuses in Global Tourism (pp. 3-7). Springer, London.
4. Grubor, A., Leković, K., Tomić, S. (2019). Rural tourism marketing of the Danube region. Ekonomika, Vol. 65, No. 4, 1-9.
5 Kuzman, B., Prdić, N. (2020). Specialized market institutions the function of agriculture development. Sustainable agriculture and rural development in terms of the Republic of Serbia strategic goals realization within the Danube region, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade, 131-147.
6 Mihailović, B., Cvijanović, D., Milojević, I., Filipović, M. (2014). The role of irrigation in development of agriculture in Srem district. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 61, No. 4, 989-1004.
7. Novosadski sajam, https:/www.sajam.net, (11 November 2019).
8. Pennerstorfer, D., Weiss, C. R. (2012). Product quality in the agri-food chain: do cooperatives offer high-quality wine?. European Review of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 40, No. 1, 143-162.
9. Prdić, N. (2012). Efekti nastupa preduzeća na sajmu. Anali ekonomskog fakulteta u Subotici, Vol. 28, 133-143.
10. Prdić, N. (2017). Competition of Fairs on the Basis of the Composition Distribution. Industrija, Vol. 45, No. 3, 23-37.
11. Prdić, N. (2018). Sajmovi, komunikacija, prodaja [Fairs, Communications, Sales], Prometej, Novi Sad.
12. Prdić, N. (2019). The empirical research of wine makers in the local markets. Kultura polisa, Vol. 16, No. 39, 485-504.
13. Prdić, N., Kuzman, B., Barjaktarović, M. (2014). Practical research results of a successful company’s appearance at the fair. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 61, No. 4, 903-914.
14. Stanković, Lj., Đukić, S., Popović, A. (2012). Istraživanje motiva i stavova potrošača o turističkim destinacijama. Marketing, Vol. 43, No. 2, 104-112.